Your athlete profile may be corrupt if WKO 3.0 is crashing
To fix this, please follow these steps:
- Create a new athlete profile within WKO+ v3.0 with a unique name (ie, something slightly different than what you current have in WKO+v3.0), then close WKO+.
- Migrate all your workout files (.wko files) into the new profile. The best way to migrate these files is to open the old profile folder, single left click first workout file in folder, hold Shift key and single left click last workout file in folder, there by selecting all files between the first and last file. Next, hold down Ctrl button and single left click on each file in the selected list that does not end in ".wko", thereby deselecting all files that are not workouts. Next, single right click on selected workout files and click COPY. Now, open the new athlete profile folder and paste the copied workout files in.
Open WKO+, and you should see all the migrated workout files listed in the new athlete profile. Lastly, within WKO+ v3.0 delete the old athlete profile from the Athlete list.
- You can find the data folders for your athlete profiles at the following file path in your My Computer section of windows:
- WKO+ v3.0 on any version of Windows: c:\users\<you>\documents\TrainingPeaks\WKO\Data
- WKO+ v2.2 or earlier on Vista: c:\users\<you>\documents\CyclingPeaks\WKO+\Data
- WKO+ v2.2 or earlier on XP or earlier: C:/program files/CyclingPeaks WKO+/Data
If running WKO+ on a Mac via emulation software like Parallels:
- Rule #1, always File | Exit WKO+ before suspending your computer or allowing it to sleep.
- Rule #2, backup your files often (before modifying them).
- Rule #3, always reboot Parallels before using any windows application. Don't suspend and restart.
- Failure to follow both rules exactly, every time, every day, will result in corrupt files.