Options for Using Garmin Devices that download using a USB cable with TrainingPeaks:
Devices that use a USB cable: Forerunner/Edge 10, 110, 210, 220, 620, Edge 205, 305, 500, 510, 705, 800, 810, 920XT and 1000
*These Garmin devices are not compatible with versions of WKO+ prior to v3.0
Upload to TrainingPeaks.com:
- Connect your Garmin to the USB cable and ensure the cable is plugged into your computer and wait for your computer to recognize the device.
- Open TrainingPeaks Device Agent
- Select your Garmin model in the Device dropdown menu and download/open files. (Note: if using the Forerunner 10, you can select any one of the other devices listed on this page in the dropdown list in Device Agent)
- Ensure the "Save To" location is the TrainingPeaks icon (If downloading to WKO, ensure the "Save To" location is the WKO+ icon)
- Click "Save"
Export files from Garmin Training Center:
Export files from Garmin Connect™:
- Use the Garmin AutoSync to have your files sent into your TrainingPeaks account
Garmin doesn't offer a bulk export from Garmin Connect™ but there is a third party program that will do this for you.
Once you get all of your .tcx files exported you can bulk upload them by dragging them all into the main window of Device Agent.
Tips and Troubleshooting:
- Use one-second recording; turn off Smart Recording IF possible with your device
- Turn off auto-pause. TrainingPeaks products are not currently compatible with this feature
- Keep your device up do date using the Garmin Webupdater
- How you set up your device effects how your data is collected, and often how it is reported. For more information on this device's set up, see the online owner's manual here.