When using iCloud Drive, macOS Sierra can move files and folders residing in the Documents folder to iCloud, which causes athletes and workouts to disappear from WKO4. In order for WKO4 to work properly, you must move WKO4 to another location that is not under Documents, such as "/Users/<yourname>/WKO4" or "/Users/<yourname>/Local Documents/WKO4".
- Open System Preferences and select iCloud.
- Deselect Desktop & Documents Folders at the top of the iCloud Drive window (under Documents).
- Deselect Optimize Mac Storage at the bottom of the iCloud Drive window.
- Click Done. This turns off the syncing of the files.
Now let's move your WKO4 data to a local location.
- Exit WKO4.
- Using Finder, navigate to your data store location (probably in Documents), right-click the folder named WKO4, and click Copy. Do not "cut" the folder or move it out of its current location.
- Create a backup copy of your data by navigating to the Desktop and pasting (right-click > Paste Item) a copy of the WKO4 folder.
- Navigate to the local folder in which you'd like to store your WKO4 data and paste (right-click > Paste Item) a second copy of the WKO4 folder. Two location options we recommend are "/Users/<yourname>" or "/Users/<yourname>/Local Documents".
- Run WKO4.
- Open Preferences from the WKO4 menu or from the gear wheel at the top right of the screen.
- Click the "..." by the "Data store location" field and select the new location where you copied the WKO4 folder (not the backup folder on your desktop). If you took our recommendations, it will be either "/Users/<yourname>/WKO4" or "/Users/<yourname>/Local Documents/WKO4".
- Exit WKO4.
- Using Finder, navigate to Documents and rename the original folder from "/Users/<yourname>/Documents/WKO4" to "/Users/<yourname>/Documents/WKO4.DELETEME".
- Run WKO4 and make sure everything looks great. This is very important!
- If everything in WKO4 looks correct, in Finder delete the folder "/Users/<yourname>/Documents/WKO4.DELETEME".
You can now turn iCloud syncing back on if you wish to do so.