Note - Many Racermate products are no longer in production or supported, so TrainingPeaks cannot guarantee that files recorded with those products will continue to be compatible and can only provide limited support.
How to Export your Computrainer Files from Racermate One into TrainingPeaks
- Open up your RacerMate One software and click the "file saving" tab.
- Enable .pwx Export
- export the .PWX file to your desktop
- Upload to TrainingPeaks account via one of the following methods.
Transfer Computrainer files to your TrainingPeaks account from the old RacerMate software
In order to import your CompuTrainer (CT) session into TrainingPeaks or WKO+ you will need to have the CompuTrainer Coaching Software (CS).
To obtain the CompuTrainer Coaching Software, or for further help with the it, please contact RacerMate at: http://www.computrainer.com/html/coaching_software_support.htm
CT File Management: This whole procedure relies on proper file management with the CT software. After each ride, a rider performance file is created. This file will be overwritten if you do not rename it or save it immediately after the ride. For more information on this procedure please refer to the Computrainer user/owner manuals. They can also be found online at: http://www.computrainer.com/html/user_manuals.htm
Note: It is recommended that you rename the file with the date (and possibly time).
- Open the CompuTrainer CS Software and select File>Export>Comma Delimited .
- Export Options... Select the fields to be exported and the toss option (this will be saved for future exports)
- Fields to be Exported: The bold items must be included. If left out, the file will upload but an error will be produced when it is graphed. It is recommended including the non-bold items as there may be a time in the future that TrainingPeaks will utilize that data. By default, all items are exported.
- Toss Option: This option tells the export function how many lines to discard (toss). If the value is set to 0 then it will keep every line. Of course, a 1 hr CT 3d file will wind up being about 8.5MB and pretty much impossible to upload to TrainingPeaks. The best compromise is a toss value of 100. This results in a sampling rate of about 1 data point per 3 seconds: NOTE: Using a toss value of lower than 100 may cause the upload to TrainingPeaks to time out. Here is a quick reference table for 3dp rider performance file-size with a toss value of 100.
- After setting the options, you will need to then go back into the CS and do the actual export. The CS will then ask you to identify the rider performance file you would like to export. After this, depending on the speed of your machine, the dialog box will appear and confirm the export and location of the exported file. By default the exported file will be put into the same directory as the rider performance file you chose and named the same (with the exception of a .txt extension). You now have a file that can be directly imported into TrainingPeaks.com through the workout Quick View, or imported to WKO+.
Please contact RacerMate, http://www.racermateinc.com/, for specific questions about RacerMate products.