Threshold Notifications is a feature that, when turned on, keeps you informed of when your Threshold Heart Rate, Threshold Power or Threshold Speed/Pace may have improved.
You can select to have TrainingPeaks email you when your threshold(s) have improved and/or have TrainingPeaks auto-apply the calculated changes (with or without email notification).
Please note: that these settings are not available to coached athletes. Please contact your coach about changing these settings.
To Manage Threshold Notification Options
- Go to Account Settings>Zones>Threshold Notifications
- On: this turns on the Threshold Notification feature
- Notify via email: TrainingPeaks will send you an email notifying you that, based on recent activity files, your threshold(s) have improved. We will not make any updates within your account, however.
- Auto-apply: This is a Premium only feature. TrainingPeaks will automatically apply a new threshold, based on recent data, to your account. You will need to update your respective training zones, if desired. For more information on how to do this, click here.
I am a coach. How do I manage my Threshold Notification Options for myself and my athletes?
- There are multiple ways to customize your options. Click here for more information.
How does TrainingPeaks determine if my threshold has improved?
- We base these on proven scientific data. For details, please see this article.
I've been notified that my threshold may have improved and have updated it. How do I update my associated training zones based on this new threshold?
- You'll need to recalculate your zones based on this threshold. Find out how to do this here.
How do I know what my threshold is?
- Performing a field test helps you determine your threshold. This article explains more.