WKO4 users often ask for a simple solution to sync data real time among multiple devices, and many attempt to use file sharing applications like Dropbox, OneDrive, and Google Drive. While these may appear to work, they may cause some issues. For example, Dropbox saves a native copy of each file on each machine used, and when WKO4 is closed on any machines, Dropbox uploads the updated version of the files from that machine so that all other machines update. If multiple machines are using WKO4 at the same time, you may lose data and changes because of the automatic updating.
The simplest way to sync data continuously among multiple machines is to sync WKO4 with a TrainingPeaks account(s).
If you currently have your data stored in the cloud, here's how to transition to storing your data locally:
- Navigate in Finder/Explorer to the location of your data store folder. If you're not sure where that is, in WKO4 click Help > Locations > Data Store.
- Copy the WKO4 folder in that location and paste it into a local-only location (we suggest the local Documents folder, though if you're on a Mac, check your iCloud settings to make sure Documents isn't included in iCloud's sync).
- In WKO4, click the gear-wheel icon at the top right of the screen and select Preferences.
- Click the three dots beside the Data store location field and select the new WKO4 folder you just copied into the new location.
- WKO4 will close and reopen, now using the new data store location.
- You can now delete the data store file in the cloud when you feel comfortable doing so.