Want to transfer your WKO5 data from one machine to another? No problem. Here's how:
- On the original machine, navigate to your data folder using Explorer or Finder. This is typically your user folder on Mac or Documents on PC; if you're not sure, in WKO5 click Help > Locations > Data Store to open it.
- Select the data folder, right-click, and click Copy.
- Paste the folder onto the new machine via a USB stick or a file-sharing utility like DropBox.
- Move the data folder into the desired location on the new machine. We recommend your user folder on Mac or your local Documents folder on PC.
- If you don't have WKO installed on the second machine yet, download the latest version of WKO here.
- Install WKO on the second machine. When you are prompted to select a data folder, click the ... button and browse to the folder you copied from the first machine. Complete the setup wizard.
- WKO will open and begin to compile all your data and activity from the other machine.
- If you already have WKO installed on the second machine:
- Click the gear wheel at the top right of the WKO screen to open the Preferences window.
- Click the ... button by the "Data store location" field, navigate to the folder you copied from the original machine, select it, and click Open on the browse window.
- WKO will close; simply reopen it and allow it to compile all your data and activity from the other machine. This may take some time, but make sure to let it finish; you'll know it's done when there are no more status messages at the center top of the screen.
If you have any trouble with the process or have further questions, please submit a ticket. We'll be glad to help!