1. Account Settings
Update your personal information, change settings, or change the layout of your calendar.
Update your personal information, upload a profile photo, or change your password.
View your current account type, update your payment information, or change your unit preference.
View which coaches you are currently attached to or shared with, request a new coach, or share yourself with a coach by entering their email address.
Paste this url into your Google, Outlook, Apple, or other third party calendar to sync your TrainingPeaks workout to that calendar
Receive an email with your upcoming workouts, change the delivery time, and/or opt in for the TrainingPeaks newsletter to stay up to date on the latest features and happenings!
Enable or disable notifications such as uploaded workouts, comments from your coach, or suggested threshold changes.
Most of the metrics in TrainingPeaks are based off of threshold so it is important to make sure you keep this up to date!
Heart Rate, Power, Speed/Pace
Set your thresholds and zones for each sport you train for.
- Typically it will be:
- Heart Rate for Bike and Run
- Power for Bike
- Speed/Pace for Run and Swim
- Note: if you do not set a threshold for a specific sport and upload that sport type 'default' will be used.
- Note: Setting your thresholds and zones is extremely important since all of the TrainingPeaks metrics are based on thresholds.
Enable threshold notifications to receive an alert when TrainingPeaks suggest a threshold change. Enable "automatically apply" if you want TrainingPeaks to automatically apply your new threshold.
Enter a daily calorie goal based on how many calories you want to consume exluding those that you would burn through exercise,. This number will be combined with the caloric expenditure from exercise and displayed in dashboard charts that display calories consumed vs calories expended. Connect your account to MyFitnessPal to automatically sync your meals with TrainingPeaks.
Add bikes and/or shoes to track the mileage. Equipment can be selected from the workout QuickView and mileage will automatically accrue based on completed workouts.
'Layout' allows you to customize what you see on your calendar, the week summary, QuickViews, and what metrics are available.
Calendar - Workout: Moving data items from 'available' to 'in use' will make them visible on your calendar. Use less data items to save room on your calendar.
Quickly see your compliance to the plan by turning on "Compliance". Completed workouts will colorize based on compliance with planned duration, distance, or TSS. Moving the data item up or down in the list prioritizes it with top being given top priority. Within 20% the workout will turn green, within 50% it will turn yellow, and over or under by more than 50% will turn red.
Calendar - Metrics
Drag ATP items from 'Available' to 'In Use' to make them visible on the right side of your calendar to help with weekly planning. Note that you must have a completed Annual Training Plan (ATP) first for these items to appear.
- Click the + icon to plan a Workout, log a Metric, or add a Goal or Event
- Click to use the Workout Builder to easily create a structured workout containing detailed intervals based on your individual threshold.
- Save a Workout to your Workout Library for future use.
- Apply a purchased or shared Training Plan from your Training Plan Library
- Upload your workouts
- Analyze a device file
- Click on a Workout to access the Quick View which contains summary information about the workout
- Click Analyze to analyze a file with charts and graphs in the Expanded View
Learn more about the TrainingPeaks Metrics
- Download the original file, or recalculate the metrics after an update.
- Return to QuickView
- Add more charts from the Charts Library
- View the Description or review and add Pre/Post activity comments
- Performa an Elevation Correction
- Click and drag the edge of a chart to resize the window
1. View the number of weeks until your next 'A' priority event.
2. View all upcoming events or add a new event.
3. See your goals or set a new goal.
4. View your upcoming workouts.
6. Review the training zones associated with your upcoming workouts.
Use the dashboard to monitor progress and track trends over time.
- Drag and drop charts to your dashboard from your charts library .
- Customize charts under under settings .
- Add the same chart multiple times but customize it to view the data for different date ranges, sports, or in a different way.
- The Performance Manager Chart allows you to model your Fitness, Fatigue, and Form to help you plan the perfect peak for your goal Event.
5. ATP (Annual Training Plan)
- Create new ATP
- Select existing ATP
- Edit current ATP
- Adjust ATP Settings