TrainingPeaks collects taxes from users purchasing products in select states in the United States as well as VAT from countries in the European Union.
On Which Products Does TrainingPeaks Collect Taxes?*
- Premium Athlete Subscriptions (1 month, 3 months, 6 months and 12 months)
- Coach Match coaching services (Gold, Silver, Consultation and Startup Fee)
- Coach Subscriptions (Coach Edition, Coach Edition Unlimited, Coach Paid Premium Athletes, and License Fees)
- Training plans purchased in the Training Plan Marketplace and or on a private webpage
- WKO software
- Please note that we do not collect sales tax for training plan payouts sent to coaches for training plans sold in the TrainingPeaks Marketplace.
*Exemptions apply to certain states. Please see below.
Affected States in the United States
In accordance with federal, state and local laws, all TrainingPeaks payments may be subject to sales tax. The billing ZIP code associated with the card on file in your TrainingPeaks account determines whether you're taxed or not. You can review what card you have on file on your account management page.
Currently, users in the following states or areas may be subject to sales tax when purchasing through Trainingpeaks.com:
- New Mexico
- New York***
- South Carolina****
- Washington, D.C.
*Only training plan purchases
**Only training plan and WKO5 purchases
***Only WKO5 purchases and recurring subscriptions
****Only recurring subscriptions
^Only training plans, WKO5, and recurring subscriptions
^^Recurring Coach match subscriptions 80% taxable
Determine Your Tax Rate
If you're unsure what tax rates you may be affected by, please use this calculator.
VAT - EU Taxes
As of Dec. 1, 2018, TrainingPeaks collects tax on any purchase made from a European Union country. VAT appears on your invoice as a line item. TrainingPeaks collects Value Added Tax (VAT) to comply with VAT regulations for our customers in the EU. TrainingPeaks collects VAT at the rate determined by European Union tax regulations and is individual for each country. The VAT amount can be anywhere from an extra 18% to 27% on your subscription payments, depending on the country in which you are charged.