Once you have tested and determined your threshold values enter the figures into your TrainingPeaks account settings to get the most accurate workout data and analysis.
- Log into your account.
- Click your name in the upper right.
- Click account settings.
- Click or scroll to "Zones" on the left side menu.
- Listed are three sections: Heart Rate, Power and Speed/Pace.
- There are options for a “Default” value and sport-specific values for zones for each section. If you have a different threshold for each sport type (heart rate for running vs. cycling, for example), you will want to set threshold and zones for each sport. The "Default" values in a specific section will be used for any sport type that doesn't have an individual setting.
- There is a drop-down within each section for other activity types to set your TrainingPeaks zones to be used based on the activity selected on your workout device.
- If you only have basic threshold values, enter your heart rate, power or pace info and then select your auto-calculation type and method to populate your zones. If you have determined values for each zone through testing, enter those values in the corresponding fields.
- Click “Save” or “Save and Close” at the bottom of the page.
Read more about setting thresholds and why they are important here.