The Garmin Connect Autosync allows you to automatically sync completed activities and body composition data directly from Garmin Connect to TrainingPeaks and to sync future Structured Workouts from your TrainingPeaks calendar to your Garmin Connect calendar and your compatible Garmin Device.
For FAQ and help troubleshooting the integration with Garmin Connect see this article.
Completed Activities and Structured Workouts
To sync completed workouts, you will need to authorize TrainingPeaks from your Garmin Connect account.
- Log into your TrainingPeaks account and navigate to https://www.trainingpeaks.com/account/garminconnect
- If you are already using the Garmin completed activity sync you will have to option of enabling the planned workout sync
- If you are setting up the Autosync for the first time you can select if you would like to sync past Garmin activities or just new completed workouts going forward
- If you have previous activities in Garmin Connect and a new TrainingPeaks account select "Connect and Sync" under "I have past activities in Garmin Connect"
- If you don't have previous activities in Connect or you have already imported them manually then select "Connect my Accounts" under "I'm Starting Fresh"
The next time you upload a workout to Garmin Connect from your device, it will automatically sync to your TrainingPeaks account immediately. Previous workouts from Garmin Connect will not sync to TrainingPeaks until you have uploaded 1 new activity. Previous workouts can take up to 7 days to sync to TrainingPeaks. Do not disconnect your accounts during this time. You will not be able to attempt the history sync again and will then need to manually import all of your previous workouts.
Once you have linked your Garmin Connect and TrainingPeaks accounts, any eligible future structured workouts added to your TrainingPeaks calendar will immediately sync to your Garmin Connect calendar. A Garmin Connect icon on the workout Quick View in TrainingPeaks indicates that the workout has been synced to Garmin Connect.
The next time your device syncs with Garmin Connect, your workout will be sent to your device. Depending on the model of your Garmin device your workouts will sync by Bluetooth, WiFi, LTE, USB cable, or ANT+ Stick. Find more information about getting your workout from your Garmin Connect Calendar to your device here.
Body Composition data
To sync body composition data you will need to authorize TrainingPeaks from your Garmin Connect account by navigating to https://www.trainingpeaks.com/account/garminhealth.
If you are using a Garmin Index scale then the following metrics will sync to TrainingPeaks.
- Percent Fat
- Muscle Mass
- Water Percent
- BMI (you will need to have your height entered in your Garmin Connect profile)
If you are not using a Garmin Index Scale you can also manually enter your weight in Garmin Connect and that will sync to TrainingPeaks. No other manually entered values will sync. There is no option to sync previous body composition data.
If you have more questions or need help troubleshooting the Garmin Connect sync options see Frequently asked Questions and troubleshooting tips