TrainingPeaks Coaches* and Premium athletes can create recurring workouts, which saves significant workout planning time.
* TrainingPeaks coaches can use recurring workout functionality with TrainingPeaks Premium athletes (self-paid or coach-paid) only, not TrainingPeaks basic athletes.
How to Create a Recurring Workout
- From the calendar view, click the "+" button on a day header to add a workout. Alternatively, drag and drop a workout from your workout library to your TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Just below the date of the workout, click the 'Does not repeat" drop-down.
- A planning wizard appears. Fill out the days you want this workout to repeat, the number of weeks, and the end date.
- When satisfied, click 'Done'.
- Click 'Save' or 'Save and close' on the workout.
- TrainingPeaks adds the recurring workouts according to your selections in the wizard.*
*Please note that the recurring workouts population process may take some time to process. If extra processing time is needed, a prompt will appear asking you to continue. Hit that button and refresh your calendar, and the changes will be made.
How to Remove a Recurring Workout
- Click 'Delete' on the recurring workout that you'd like to remove.
- A pop-up appears. Choose 'This event' or 'This and Following Events.'
- If you select 'This and Following Events, ' TrainingPeaks will delete the current Event and all recurring Events that follow that Event*.
*Please note that the deletion process may take some time to process. If extra processing time is needed, a prompt will appear asking you to continue. Hit that button and refresh your calendar, and the changes will be made.
|Where can I find this?||Only on the web. This is currently not available on the TrainingPeaks mobile app.|
|What happens when you copy and paste a recurring instance?||This will act like a brand-new workout instance.|
|Can you delete or edit a workout’s recurrence and have it update future workouts?||
Yes, you will be able to edit/delete just one workout or choose to edit/delete all future workouts. This has to be Today’s workout or in the future.
**If you edit the details of a workout, like the structure/description, it will NOT edit the workouts in the recurrence series. This is a future iteration.
|Who can use this?||TrainingPeaks Coaches and Premium athletes. This feature is not available to TrainingPeaks Basic athletes.|
|Is there a max amount of recurrences?||90 days. That could be every day for 90 days or once per week for three months.|
|What happens when I drag and drop a workout to another day that was part of a recurrence series?||Only that workout will move. Editing the recurrence will no longer affect that modified workout.|
|What happens when you toggle off a recurring workout?||Future recurring workouts that are part of that recurrence rule will be deleted from the calendar.|
|Can I use this with Training Plans?||No, not in this iteration.|
|Can I use this with Notes or Availability?||No, not in this iteration.|
|Can you edit a recurrence rule in the middle of an existing recurrence?||Yes, that will create a new rule going forward and end the previous rule.|