Getting workouts from Polar to TrainingPeaks is now quick and easy thanks to the AutoSync function. This new feature requires a one-time link, and after you’ve joined your Polar Flow and TrainingPeaks accounts, your training sessions will also be synced to TrainingPeaks when you sync them to Polar Flow. The sync can be done either with Polar FlowSync, via the Polar Flow app, or from Polar Beat if you’ve trained with the Polar Beat app.
The training sessions you already have in Polar Flow can be transferred with Polar Flow’s Export function.
Connecting Polar Flow and TrainingPeaks
- Sign into Polar Flow.
- Click your name in the top right corner and choose Settings.
- Click the Connect button right beside TrainingPeaks.
- Allow access: TrainingPeaks window opens. Click Connect.
- Log in to TrainingPeaks
- The authorization page opens. Click Allow.
The browser returns to Polar Flow and Account connected! appears.
Disconnecting your Polar Flow and TrainingPeaks accounts:
If you want to disconnect Polar Flow and TrainingPeaks, just click the Disconnect button in the Polar Flow settings. After disconnecting, your training sessions aren’t synced to TrainingPeaks. Disconnecting also deactivates the data sync to TrainingPeaks from Polar Flow app.
What kind of training sessions can be synced to TrainingPeaks?
You can sync training sessions that have been done with a newer Polar training device or with the Polar Beat app.
Training sessions you can’t sync to TrainingPeaks:
- manually added training sessions
- training sessions that don’t include any sample data (second by second data)
- training sessions that have been synced with Polar group solutions or from third party applications or services (for example, MyFitnessPal)
- training sessions that have been transferred to Polar Flow from polarpersonaltrainer.com or from Polar ProTrainer 5
- training sessions that have been synced to Polar Flow before connecting Polar Flow to TrainingPeaks. These training sessions can be transferred to TrainingPeaks with Polar Flow’s Export function.
How are the training sessions shown in TrainingPeaks?
Automatic upload to TrainingPeaks supports Swim, Bike, Run, Crosstrain, Mtn Bike, Strength, Xc-Ski, Rowing, Walk and Other as sports activity types. Polar Flow sports are automatically changed to sports available in TrainingPeaks. You can also change the sport manually in TrainingPeaks.
There may be some differences in the data shown because of the differences in the calculation methods between Polar Flow and TrainingPeaks.