TrainingPeaks offers Notes functionality as a way for coaches and athletes to communicate non-workout related information outside of workouts.
How to Add a Note
- Log in to either a TrainingPeaks Athlete or Coach account
- Hover over the day to which you'd like to add a note. A faint grey '+' will appear. Click it.
- From the pop-up window, choose 'Note'.
- Enter a title (required). Add additional information to the 'Description' if you so choose.
- Click Save and Close.
- The New Note will now appear on the TrainingPeaks calendar.
Please note that the 'Visible to Athlete' toggle only appears if you are adding a Note from a TrainingPeaks coach account.
Adding Hyperlinks and Attachments
You can add hyperlinks to 3rd party sources as well as attachments to Notes. The upload attachment limit is 22MB.
Move, Copy, or Delete a Note
How to move, copy, and delete a Note.
Moving a Note
- On the TrainingPeaks calendar find the workout you'd like to move.
- While hovering over the workout, left click and keep holding.
- As you move your cursor, the workout will highlight in blue and you will see a transparent version of the workout card move with your cursor.
- Drop the Note on the day to which you'd like to move it by releasing the left cursor button.
Copying a Note
- Find a workout that you'd like to copy
- Hover over it with your cursor and click the ☰
- A drop-down menu appears. Select 'copy'
- Find the day to which you'd like to copy the Note. Click the ☰ on the top of the day's header.
- Select Paste
- Your note will paste to the day
Deleting a Note
- Find the Note that you'd like to delete.
- Click the ☰ icon over the note.
- Select 'Delete' From the drop-down menu.
- Confirm that you want to delete the note.
- The note is now deleted.
Please note that we cannot retrieve your Note after deletion.
Add a Note to a Workout Library
- While in the Calendar View, click the workout library. The workout library pane expands.
- Find the Note that you'd like to add to a workout library.
- Left-click and drag Note into workout library. The workout library to which the Note will be added will faintly highlight.
- Release your mouse to drop the Note into the workout library.
- If successful, a brief message appears confirming the addition of the Note to the workout library.
- If you wish to move the Note to Another Workout Library, click the Note within the library and a pop-up window appears. Click the drop-down arrow and a selection of all of your workout folders surfaces. Click your preferred workout folder and the Note will move there.
Adding an Attachment to a Note
- Click on the Note to expand it
- At the bottom left of the note modal, click the paperclip expando.
- Add your attachment. The attachment limit size is 20 MB.
- Click Save.
- Your attachment is now attached to your note.
Hiding a Note - Coach Only
- When logged in as a TrainingPeaks coach, load the athlete's calendar that contains the note you'd like to hide.
- Find the Note.
- Click the ☰ over the note.
- Select 'Hide'.
- Once Hidden, a small eye icon appears on the top right of the workout card.
- To unhide it, select the ☰ again and the Note will be unhidden.
Please note that when creating a note as a coach you have the choice to make the note visible or invisible to the athlete.
If you want more space on your TrainingPeaks calendar you can remove Notes from it by toggling it off in the calendar settings.
- login to your TrainingPeaks athlete/coach account.
- Load the TrainingPeaks calendar view
- Click the ☰ icon on the top right of the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- A drop-down window will appear. Deselect 'Notes'.
- Notes will no longer appear on the TrainingPeaks calendar.
Add a Note to a Training Plan (Coaches Only)
TrainingPeaks Coaches can add a Note to a training plan to add clarity to workouts, mention non-workout related areas of focus, and upsell other products or services.
- Open a training plan.
- Click the '+' button on the desired day to which you'd like to add a Note.
- Select Note from the pop-up window.
- Add your Note.
- When finished adding a title or any further information in the workout description, click save.
Please note that Notes on a training plan cannot be hidden on a training plan.
TrainingPeaks Premium vs Basic Permissions
What happens when a TrainingPeaks athlete detaches from a coach account?
- If an Athlete is detached from Coach, notes created by Coach will still show an Athlete’s calendar.
- Hidden notes will not show once detached unless reattached and coach unhides.
- If an athlete detaches from a coach who had Notes for this athlete, and the athlete subsequently attaches to a DIFFERENT coach (independent of the first), the prior notes, hidden or unhidden, will be visible to the new coach.